Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer 2013 - Art 165/365 Photography for Non-Photography Majors

Bien venue à tous!  
Welcome to the summer session of IAU's Photography for Non-Photography Majors course.  

I'm pleased to introduce this group of photographers who are completing their six assignments in only three weeks!  Check back frequently to see the updates of their current work.

Please give a warm welcome to our summer group:

Meghan Farrell

My name is Meghan Farrell. I am from Bethesda, MD and I am rising
senior at Georgetown University studying sociology. I have no
background in photography but I enjoy taking pictures and finding a
new perspective through a camera lens. I have taken French all my life
so I am looking forward to using it in Aix-en-Provence and capturing
the beauty here.

Assignment #1:   LIGHT





Assignment #2:   LINE & PATTERN





Assignment #3:   TEXTURE




Assignment #4:  PORTRAITURE




Assignment #1:   STREET PHOTOGRAPHY




Assignment #4: STILL LIFE




 
Ashley Raedy

Hi my name is Ashley Raedy and I'll be a sophomore at Michigan State University in the fall. I love to take photos, probably a little too much! I use my iPhone on a day-to-day basis to capture my life in a still image. I'm really excited for this course to better improve my knowledge of how to properly use a camera and what to look for when making an image.

Assignment #1:   LIGHT





Assignment #2:   LINE & PATTERN





Assignment #3:   TEXTURE 




Assignment #4:  PORTRAITURE




Assignment #1:   STREET PHOTOGRAPHY




Assignment #4: STILL LIFE



Megan Raedy

Megan will begin her 5th and final year at Western Michigan University thisfall, double majoring in Instrumental Music Education and Spanish. She hails from Kalamazoo, Michigan, where she spent most of her time learning several different musical traits, including choir, band, piano, trombone, marimba, baritone, tuba, and ukulele. She currently owns and operates her own piano studio, as well as runs an early childhood music program. Megan came to IAU to take photography as a general education credit geared towards her bachelor’s degrees. And even though she speaks no French, she loves spending time in the city of Aix. Photography, as well as art, is an amateur hobby of Megan’s and she hopes to see it flourish in this three-week course.

Assignment #1:   LIGHT





Assignment #2:   LINE & PATTERN





Assignment #3:   TEXTURE




Assignment #4:  PORTRAITURE





Assignment #1:   STREET PHOTOGRAPHY





Assignment #4: STILL LIFE



Cameron Sage

My name is Cameron Sage. I am from downtown Chicago, IL. I will be a senior at Butler University. My major is speech therapy. I don't have much experience with photography other than a beginners class in high school and taking pictures on my iPhone. I love Aix so far and can't wait to explore the city with my camera!

Cameron Sage
Kappa Alpha Theta, Gamma Chapter
School of Communications
Butler University, 2014

Assignment #1:   LIGHT






Assignment #2:   LINE & PATTERN





Assignment #3:   TEXTURE




Assignment #4:  PORTRAITURE



Assignment #1:   STREET PHOTOGRAPHY



Assignment #4: STILL LIFE




Ian Doyle (to be posted later)

Assignment #1:   LIGHT

Assignment #2:   LINE & PATTERN

Assignment #3:   TEXTURE





Assignment #4:  PORTRAITURE



Assignment #1:   STREET PHOTOGRAPHY



Assignment #4: STILL LIFE




1 comment:

  1. Such a very talented group. I think they have some wonderful photo's there. Enjoyed this post.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete